National Adult Education and Family Literacy week is soon approaching! This year, it will be September 21-26, 2015.
AEFL week is declared each year to raise awareness about adult education, English language learning, and family literacy in the United States. It gives educators the opportunity to recognize and celebrate the hard work and achievements of adult learners.
How can you or your organization participate? The National Coalition for Literacy has some resources to get you started:
- Check out NCL’s AEFL Week Blog. We’ll be posting education facts, suggested activities, and student stories between now and the end of September.
- Post photos, ideas, and news on NCL’s Facebook page.
- Send student stories to email@example.com. We will share on our blog and website to show the impact education has had on learners’ lives.
- Visit NCL’s website for suggestions on AEFL week activities and ideas for social media posts about adult and family literacy.
- Follow @NCLAdvocacy and #AEFLWeek for Adult Education and Family Literacy week news and ideas.
- Watch NCL’s two PIAAC webinars on our AEFL Week Resources page to learn about the statistics on adult literacy in the U.S. and how to use the data to bring attention to the issue.
More to come as we approach National Adult Education and Family Literacy week!