Recent Communications and Comments
- Comment submitted to the Senate HELP Committee on workforce development and WIOA programs, April 2021
- Memo submitted to the Biden transition team on adult education and family literacy, December 2020
- Comment submitted to OCTAE on proposed changes to the National Reporting System reporting tables, September 2020
Resources from NCL
- Adult Education Fact Sheet on the need for and power of adult education
- NCL Fact Sheet on the Coalition’s purpose, activities, and impact
- NCL’s summary of key points from the OECD report Time for the US to Reskill?
Resources from NCL Member Organizations
American Library Association
- Free online course Adult Literacy Through Libraries. The course is designed to help literacy providers, librarians, and library workers nationwide develop and advocate for accessible and innovative adult literacy services and resources.
- ALA Literacy Clearinghouse
- ALA Literacy advocacy resource page
National Center for Families Learning
- Report Transformative Parent Leadership and School Engagement. This report demonstrates how participation in family literacy programs increases parents’ self-efficacy and their leadership skills.
- Brief on Community Development, the practice of residents, neighbors, and stakeholders coming together to remove barriers to well-being and build on the community’s strengths and assets.
National Council of State Directors of Adult Education
National Skills Coalition
- NSC Action Center
- Publications on skills for an inclusive recovery from the pandemic and its effects
- Fact sheet Adult Education: A Crucial Foundation for Middle-Skill Jobs
- Advocacy Toolkit for Adult Education and Literacy
- Fact sheet Adult Literacy Facts
- White paper The Case for Investment in Adult Basic Education
- Templates for customizing information from the PIAAC Skills Map for your local area
- Social media posts and additional AEFL Week resources
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School
- TESOL Advocacy Action Center
- Resources on Adult Education and Family Literacy
- Resources on Immigration and Refugee Concerns
- Resources on the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
- Research report on Support Systems for Adult Learners
- Practice and policy brief on The Transformation of Adult ESOL Learning