Resources from NCL
- Resources on the 2020 Census to ensure as full a count as possible of adult learners and their families and codependents.
- AEFL Week Fact Sheet linking adult low literacy to income inequality and parenting
- NCL messaging specifically designed for direct service providers, prospective donors, and policy makers that can be distributed for AEFL Week:
- You may also want to use the content from NCL’s two spring 2015 webinars in your AEFL Week activities:
- NCL’s summary of key points from the OECD report Time for the US to Reskill? and fact sheets on the return on investment for adult education (based on PIAAC data)
Resources from NCL Members and Associates
- COABE/NCSDAE Educate & Elevate Campaign Outreach Toolkit
This toolkit includes a fact sheet and legislator talking points; a campaign video; templates for media advisories and news releases; links for sending email messages to legislators; and much, much more. Visit the COABE website for more information on the need for adult education.
- National Skills Coalition fact sheet Adult Education: A Crucial Foundation for Middle-Skill Jobs
Visit the NSC website for additional fact sheets and resources.
- ProLiteracy fact sheet Adult Literacy Facts and white paper The Case for Investment in Adult Basic Education
Visit the ProLiteracy website for more resources and information.
- World Education’s blog The Well
Blog posts address current topics and concerns in adult education. Visit the World Ed website for more information about the importance of adult education in the United States.
- Student Success Stories and video Achieving the Dream from the Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School